Good morning Wednesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Wednesday

Postby Ally » 18 Sep 2024, 04:58

Good morning.

Cooling down at long last! Forecast 30° which is grand. :cute:

Don's off to Portugal today. :lol:
His friend has bought a motor home from there so they're driving in our car to collect it.
They're staying overnight and will drive their respective vehicles back home tomorrow. :D

He's setting off at 9am so I'll have a swim once I've waved him off then very happily relax and read. :D
I'm also going to paint my nails with the wonderfully named colour of Bingo Flamingo. :lol:

TV tonight and my favourite pizza. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Wednesday

Postby JanB » 18 Sep 2024, 07:55

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Much cooler here and quite cloudy too. Although some of that is probably smoke from up north. 30C for us too.

Safe travels to Don and his mate. Not normally that way round Ally, it's normally cheaper in Spain than Portugal.

Off to do the supermarkets this morning and then, after a pit stop and breakfast, Grumpy will be re-pointing some of the pool, where the grout has disappeared. The wasps love it, as water gets in and they can have that. A plague of wasps this year, can't put any food outside, they just flock around it.

Will also get some washing out of the way today, in case it does rain tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby Ally » 18 Sep 2024, 07:57

It's a model that wasn't available in Spain, Jan. :D
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Osc » 18 Sep 2024, 09:29

Morning all, another lovely day, supposed to last until the weekend. We are going to a funeral this morning, one of our dancing friends, he died on Sunday having been ill for quite some time. He was a gentle smiley man who loved dancing, I wonder if his wife will eventually come back to it. Then this evening, I’m meeting up with two school friends for an early meal. We actually had a chance of a shot at stardom today! We got a phone call yesterday asking if we would be available to be dancing extras in a Hallmark movie today but had to say no - hopefully the opportunity will come again as I think it would be a fun thing to do.
Osc

Postby jenniren » 18 Sep 2024, 11:05

Morning all :D

Cloudy, but the sun's trying to pop out.

We're off out for a walk along the seafront in the next hour or so. It's not supposed to rain today so fingers crossed.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 18 Sep 2024, 16:53

Afternoon everyone :)

A beautiful sunny day here that started overcast, but burned off :) We drove down to North Sands to run Fraggle on the beach, then walked into Salcombe for lunch at the Kings Head - a nice pub by the quay. Bought D some boiled sweets from the old-fashioned sweet shop there :) Walked back to N Sands for the car then drove to Hope Cove, as friends who’ve been there told us it was worth a visit. Had another nice walk on the beach, a cuppa, then drove back here via the Tesco at Kingsbridge for a few bits and pieces. Almost 12k steps done - Fraggle is fast asleep now ;)

So sorry about your friend Osc xx

Love to all xxx
Kaz

Return to Cafe