Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Friday

Postby Ally » 20 Sep 2024, 06:23

Good morning.

29° forecast so definitely going in the right direction at long last. :lol: :cute:

I'll have a swim this morning then walk into town to get my haircut at 11. :D

Friday beers and tapas tonight.

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby JanB » 20 Sep 2024, 08:02

Morning Ally, morning everyone

More clouds than sun, but warm ish outside and 26C for us.

Donkey has his morning apples - poor thing actually runs over to the fence when he sees me :roll:

Bit of cleaning this morning, not that we're that dirty ;) and then doing prep for dinner tonight and cooking a Thai curry, with proper Thai stuff :Hi: Given it all by a friend, very kind.

Will try and find out how Jacquie is this morning and also need to re send my prescription They're being really poor at sending them out.

Just one big fire left up north, the bombeiros have done a really good job, in difficult terrain.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby jenniren » 20 Sep 2024, 09:12

Morning all :D

Bit early to say what the weather promises, it turned out really hot yesterday.

We're up at silly o'clock, expecting our lovely neighbours in for coffee at 10am. They have builders in to redo their kitchen so Ed popped round yesterday to say if they need any help, water etc while it's going on just shout. Jan said how kind, we'll pop round tomorrow for coffee and a chat, Ed said what time, she said 10am. When he told me I said are you mad :shock: I'm not likely to be dressed by then!! Typical man, didn't think :lol: Anyway I set the alarm and now having brekkie. Of course I don't really mind, they've been so kind to us, but honestly I could do without such an early start.

It's also wash day, the first load is on. What's the betting I fall asleep on the sofa this afternoon :oops: :lol:

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JanB » 20 Sep 2024, 09:37

Just spoken to Jacquie, for some reason, she's got Steve's phone :roll:

Fell over after coming out of the bathroom and will be operated on in a day or so, as the hospital is mega busy.
JanB

Postby meriad » 20 Sep 2024, 10:03

Hello all, good morning and happy Friday

29 degrees Ally - that is about as perfect as can be; enjoy
Aw, poor donkey Jan - glad he's got you looking out for him. I've not been on VV all week so missed that with the fires; glad it's under control for now and hope it stays that way. Poor Jacquie, hope she gets sorted soon - what operation will she need?
Jen, enjoy the coffee chat with your neighbours.

Sorry for the radio silence on my side this week - I've been in the office all four days and it's been super busy. We have 7 more work days in this office (including today) and everyone is trying to get things sorted. We were told end June that the office will be closing, and the past three months have just flown by :-( I'm now actively job hunting and dare I say dreading the interviews and starting a new job and starting to feel quite anxious about it all; but hey ho - needs must.

I will hopefully manage to read through most posts at some point to catch up, but hope everyone is keeping well?

x
meriad

Postby Osc » 20 Sep 2024, 10:09

Morning all, it’s dull here and therefore cooler. I had a lovely day yesterday - Kellie was here after her dental appointment, happy that she had a new tooth to show us. It took a while for the injection to wear off but I had some soup for her which she could manage, we went for ice cream later and she was well able for that ;) After dinner we brought her home, Michael was just in from school, and I had a lovely surprise as Kellie and Miss Osc had made me a red velvet birthday cake so we had the blowing out of candles there. Miss Osc and hubby were out and got home just after 11pm, so by the time we had a quick chat then came home, we were a bit later to bed than normal. Mobility class this morning, and maybe dancing tonight. I suspect a little snooze in the chair might happen at some stage in the afternoon.
Osc

Postby JanB » 20 Sep 2024, 11:07

meriad wrote:what operation will she need?

She broke her hip Ria.
JanB

Postby JoM » 20 Sep 2024, 12:32

Afternoon all, it’s dull and breezy though quite mild.

I put the wooden garden furniture back into storage this morning, we’ve hardly sat out this Summer and I don’t think there’s much chance that we will in the coming few weeks so I thought I might as well put it away while it was nice and dry. Looks like we’re back to rainy days, starting this afternoon. Hopefully the washing will dry before it starts!

The Tesco delivery has been so that all been put away. I was supposed to have something delivered by Evri by yesterday but according to the tracking the only moved it from the sender’s local depot (where it’s been since Tuesday) to their hub this morning so I don’t think there’s much chance of that coming today. I’m also waiting on a parcel to be delivered by Royal Mail which they’ve had since last Friday.

Joe went out to the garden centre down the lane while on his break, my Dad wanted some new shears which he’d seen while browsing there with my aunty but when he got there and saw the price Joe said that no way was he having his Grandad paying £55 for them so he looked online when he got back to his car and found the same ones for £20.

Good to see that Kellie’s tooth is sorted Osc, what a relief for you all x

Jen, it must be a man thing. John’s often arranging things with people but doesn’t think of the practicalities!

Ria, have you got any interviews lined up? (((Ria)))

Have a good day all :)
JoM

Postby cromwell » 20 Sep 2024, 12:52

Good afternoon.
We've done the supermarket shop and I've done the Telegraph crosswword.
Cottage pie for tea tonight, hooray!
Jan, poo donkey. Those fires in Portugal sound awful, with loss of life too.
Good luck with the job hunting Ria.
It is a foul calumny that men don't think of practical things!*
Have a good day everyone.

*Says him who forgot to take more than one pair of shoes on hloiday...
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby jenniren » 20 Sep 2024, 18:21

cromwell wrote:It is a foul calumny that men don't think of practical things!*
*Says him who forgot to take more than one pair of shoes on hloiday...

:lol: :lol: :lol: nuff said...........
jenniren

Next

Return to Cafe