Good morning Tuesday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Good morning Tuesday

Postby Ally » 01 Oct 2024, 05:55

Good morning.

Sunny and forecast 32°. 8-)

I'll have my swim then get ready to pop into town for a few things. :D

Jacob's coming over late afternoon and taking us out for a beer and a bite to eat. :D

Have a great day.
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Good morning Tuesday

Postby JanB » 01 Oct 2024, 07:53

Morning Ally, morning everyone

Mixture of clouds and sun this morning, warm already and another lovely day.

I really should get the ironing out of the way, but as the weather is so nice, much prefer being outside :lol: We'll chop back the baby agaves and the dead bits, make them look a lot tidier. Before it gets too hot. I was dripping yesterday :roll: ;)

Not sure if we'll be down the bar later or not. Waiting for a message. Friends go back to England on Thursday and not sure if their farewell drinks will be today or tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you're doing xx
JanB

Postby cruiser2 » 01 Oct 2024, 08:21

Good morning Ally, JanB and anybody else who is up.

It is still cloudy but the rain has stopped. Still only 14C o I have a thick jumper on.

Just a day of pootling.

Have a good day everybody.
cruiser2

Postby Osc » 01 Oct 2024, 09:13

Morning all, the sun is out but it’s damp and rained quite a bit during the night. We’re up a bit early as Edward is having bloods done and a bp monitor put on at 10am. Then we need to go and get a new toaster as ours broke yesterday. Back home for lunch and I have a dental appointment at 2pm, impression being taken for my implant. Hopefully after that, I’ll have time to assemble stuff for our holiday - we are limited (by choice) to 10kg each as we’ll be travelling by train and need to be able to lift our bags ourselves, so we are using our two smaller cases. Busy busy!,
Osc

Postby cromwell » 01 Oct 2024, 11:18

Good morning.
Grim, grey and raining.
MrsC had a bit of a trial yesterday. She went to Dewsbury hospital to visit a relative using the hospital bus. This is a bus that travels from Pontefract hospital, to Pinderfields hospital at Wakefield, then on to Dewsbury hospital. It's a good idea as it would hopefully reduce the car parking shambles at Pinders and Dewsbury. The bus was half an hour late turning up to go, and three quarters of an hour late going back. On a day of constant rain.
I don't know what we'll be doing today; maybe staring at each other like a pair of cats, as it's too wet to do much outside.
Have a good day everyone.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Postby Kaz » 01 Oct 2024, 11:21

Morning all :)

Ally, that sounds so nice! xx

Jan, I really must do my ironing too xx

Getting chillier, Cruiser, that’s for sure xx

I hope E’s tests go ok Osc xx

It’s horrible waiting for buses in the rain, Crommers! I went one better yesterday as they cut out two buses so I walked into town in it! :cute: :roll: How is MrsC’s uncle doing? xx

Well it’s yet another wet day here :roll: Am out with Mick and B, having brunch. We’re going round to D’s soon. She rang up in a panic last night, thinking she had a parking fine, but it’s actually a big scam that’s going round! So be aware, everyone :evil: B is getting a haircut later, cutting out all the Australian sunshine-bleached ends ;)

Have a good day everyone xx
Kaz

Postby jenniren » 01 Oct 2024, 11:30

Morning all :D

Bright and sunny 8-)

Osc hope all goes well with Edward's tests.

Ed's got an appointment with the dentist at 1.45pm, it's for her to start the prep work for his crowns. Think there will be a 2 week wait before she can finish. It's his two front teeth, a bit broke off and has left a gap between them, she did try filling it twice, but it doesn't last long so fingers crossed this does the trick for him and isn't too ghastly.

No other plans, intend to have a lazy afternoon.

Hope you all have a good day xx
jenniren

Postby JoM » 01 Oct 2024, 14:18

Afternoon all, it’s raining and has been non-stop since Sunday.

Joe’s got the day off today. He’s been to have Bill’s paw print tattooed onto his arm this morning. We were asked if we wanted a paw print and expected to get an inked one so Joe planned to get that copied onto his arm although when we received the actual print it was imprinted into clay, so Amanda came to his rescue and drew it from a photo of the imprint.

Crommers, there’s a bus from the hospital in town to New Cross in Wolverhampton, provided free as access to New Cross isn’t easy if you don’t have a car but there’s talk of stopping it to save money. You have to show an appointment letter in order to use it though.

Osc, I hope all’s ok with E.

Hope E’s appointment goes well Jen!

Goodness Kaz, two buses not turning up is poor. And they wonder why people don’t use public transport.
JoM

Postby Kaz » 01 Oct 2024, 14:53

Jen, I hope Ed's appointment goes ok xx

Jo, Becks and I think that's lovely, about the pawprint (((((x)))))

We have a bus that goes directly between Gloucester Royal and Cheltenham hospitals. Not sure if it's free but as it isn't Stagecoach, the local bus company, perhaps it is?
Kaz

Postby cromwell » 02 Oct 2024, 13:22

Kaz wrote: How is MrsC’s uncle doing? xx

Not brilliantly Kaz. He keeps falling ove - he's fallen over in the hospital - but he dosen't want to go into care and they can't make him (and I suspect they don't want to, either). So I reckon he will be back home and falling over again soon. He's always been stubborn.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored" - Aldous Huxley
cromwell

Next

Return to Cafe