Good morning Friday

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Re: Good morning Friday

Postby Aggers » 07 Dec 2012, 10:56

Good morning all.

It's a lovely crisp, sunny morning here. Just back from my morning walk with the dog.

Installing a new bookcase this weekend. I really must stop buying books.

Enjoy yourself - whatever you get up to.
Aggers

Postby Ally » 07 Dec 2012, 11:06

Aggers wrote:Good morning all.

It's a lovely crisp, sunny morning here. Just back from my morning walk with the dog.

Installing a new bookcase this weekend. I really must stop buying books.

Enjoy yourself - whatever you get up to.

When you've finished Aggers feel free to come over here and build one for me.

My two (large :oops: ) bookcases are stuffed full. :oops: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby jenniren » 07 Dec 2012, 11:35

Morning all :D

It absolutely poured with rain overnight and is still a bit wet out there, but it looks like the sun's trying to come out now.

Got to drop Mr.J off at his work depot this morning as he has to return his uniform before tomorrow. None of it is particularly wearable, but it's a security thing, can't have peeps impersonating a postie. The outlet centre is close by so while he's clearing his locker and saying more goodbyes I'm planning to amble round and see if they have any food processors/mixers on offer. My last one gave up the ghost 6yrs ago and was never replaced, but now Mr.J's retired and we need to be a bit more careful with the budget it's probably a good idea to return to more home cooking :lol:

Also need to find a small tv for mother. Not an easy task as she needs one with buttons so a remote isn't necessary. My Uncle bought a cheap one from Curry's which would be perfect, but that was over a year ago. Fingers crossed we can find something suitable.

Hope you all have a good day :D

jen x
jenniren

Postby Kaz » 07 Dec 2012, 14:56

Good afternoon everyone! :) I'd completely forgotten that as we were having the new carpet fitted today our broadband would be off! Well the downstairs BB anyway - Mick's for work was still ok but by the time I'd fiddled about and got my netbook connected to that it was time for me to go to physio :roll: :lol: Good news there - they've discharged me as I'm doing so well - but she said if it gets unbearable again I can just self-refer myself back again! ;) I' really pleased with myself lol for doing my eercises and being a good girl :D :lol: :geek:

Town afterwards and got my last 'special' Christmas card (one for Mick) and to save me going all the way up to Sainsbury's I nipped into Iceland for a few bits and pieces - OMG it was chockablock with the queues going right back down the aisles! Still it saved me going out later.............. :roll:

My new carpet looks fabulous!!!! We are sooo pleased with it! The biscuity colour really warms up the room - much better than the old cream coloured one! I've taken some pics so might post one later on the piccie board although I'm not sure how well the colour shows up :) It feels really springy and lush underfoot too :D It's totally bleach-cleanable so really suitable for a busy house with a grubby little dog! :lol:
Kaz

Postby Diflower » 07 Dec 2012, 18:46

Afternoon :)
Ooh new carpets are lovely, lovely, lovely Kaz :D And biscuit's a good colour, that's what this one is meant to be ;)

I've had a lovely time, I went to West Quay. Tried on a zillion things in M&S and bought - one pair of umm, treggings I think they are. Apart from that only bought 2 t-shirt type tops from BHS who had 20% off casual tops today, quite nice though, a bit posher than your usual t-shirt :)
Oh, and err, no Christmas presents :D
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 07 Dec 2012, 18:49

:D LOL Di :lol:
Kaz

Postby JoM » 07 Dec 2012, 19:17

Evening all, it's been a bright but chilly day here with a biting icy wind :?

Just off to Ikea in a bit, I want some battery operated Christmas tree lights for the tree by my door and last year I got a gingerbread house from there which you assemble and decorate yourself so I want to pick up one of those - it kept Joe pretty quiet last Christmas Eve :lol:
JoM

Previous

Return to Cafe