Utter cheek!!

A place to chat with friends, old and new

Utter cheek!!

Postby Ally » 08 Dec 2012, 13:36

What has been your experience (if any) of the pure cheek of some people?

Just had a quick chat with mum and she made a reference to something that happened many years ago which has prompted this thread. :shock:

Many years ago mum and dad were out for the day and when they came home they discovered they had been burgled!! :(

This is what the burglars done...

Bashed down the back door and got in.
Rooted through the house from top to bottom.
Mum had a huge china pig that she saved 50 pence coins in...it was stuffed almost to the top.
The burglars smashed the pig and took the money.
They then went upstairs leaving a trail of blood as the stupid gits had cut themselves on the broken china!

But this is the crux and the sheer audacity I'm referring to...they rang a flamin taxi..on my mum's phone..to take them home!!!!

Idiots!

They were soon caught (no sh*t Sherlock!) and punished.

Mum was so upset they quickly sold the home they'd lived in for years and bought the house they're in now.

Anyone have any gob smacking cheek experiences?
Ally
Site Admin

Re: Utter cheek!!

Postby molly » 08 Dec 2012, 14:21

My experience is amusing, unlike your parents Ally.

I had stopped at a motorway service station, Norton Caines to be exact, on the M6 toll road. I was sitting at a table having something to eat. A woman came up to the table next to me, cleared all the dirty dishes off it.............and without saying a word, dumped them on my table :lol:

I was so taken aback I couldn't say a thing. And she was rather elderly so decided not to upset her but I really was amazed at her audacity.
molly

Postby debih » 08 Dec 2012, 14:21

Cheeky beggars.

I have nothing to tell personally but I did have a friend (not seen her for years) who lived with her parents in a pub. They were burgled - it was pretty horrific as they tied the family up in the bar and had guns.

After they (the burglars) had got what they wanted they made themselves some chips and sat in the bar eating them and drinking a couple of pints each before they left.

They were caught eventually, but not until after they had done the same thing to another pub in the area (chips and pints too).
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Workingman » 08 Dec 2012, 14:45

Relatives had a double garage, but needed an office so half got converted meaning that one car had to be left on the drive - hers!

Shortly after the work was finished he needed to be in London, which meant that he got up early, very early. The night had been cold and frosty so before he left he put her car in the garage to save her having to scrape.... and off he went.

Come the school run and it's "Mu'um, where's the car?" Big panic! She tries to get him on his mobile, but as he is driving it is turned off - he's like that, so no joy. The only thing to do is call the police..... and a taxi to take the children to school.

"And madam when did you last see the car?"
"Last night. It was right here where I parked it."
"You didn't use the garage?"
"No. My husband keeps his car in the garage. He needs it to be ready for work."
"Where is he now?"
"Somewhere on the M1 to London. I tried to get in touch but his phone is off."
"Could I have a look in the garage, please?"
"Sure"..............................................................

The rest is family folklore. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Workingman

Postby Fugitive » 08 Dec 2012, 16:39

A tenant complained to me that the plumbing in his flat had gone wrong and the washing machine had filled up with soiled water while he was doing his laundry. The out pipe had blocked, the machine water overflowed soaking the kitchen floor and lounge carpet and his load of washing was ruined.

I took action, got the carpet steam cleaned, got the plumbing fixed, fixed any paint jobs and at his request agreed to replace his ruined laundry, even though technically he should have had home contents insurance in the same way I have building insurance. I'm a good landlord :roll:

He sent me his list of required replacements accompanied with a till receipt from Allders department store in Croydon totalling over One Thousand Five Hundred Pounds!

The list included six designer boxer shorts @ £30.00 a pair. Ten linen tea clothes @ £12.00 each. Two bath sheets @ £80.00 each. Three pairs of designer jeans @ £150.00 a pair. Egyptian cotton bedding @ £200.00.

I bought that washing machine and it would just about take two huge bath sheets let alone the rest of the stuff he'd listed. So I said No Way and negotiated with him only charging him half his usual monthly rent for the next month. That was too generous of me really especially when it turned out he worked in Allders and concocted the till receipt himself. I wonder how many times he'd used that scam :?:

Some good ones in here :lol:
Fugitive

Postby tonicha » 08 Dec 2012, 17:19

Berlimey Fugi - you were a very nice landlady :D

When I was working at UWE, I managed houses for the students to live in. Mostly, they were 3 bed-roomed semis, with the smallest room being cheaper.

I had a frantic phone call from one student to say that the lounge was now upstairs :shock: in the smallest room.

The lad who had been allocated that room had, with his parents, moved the 3 piece suite upstairs into the box room, moved the bed, wardrobe, desk and chair downstairs into the lounge.

It took all my charm to make him move it back 8-)
tonicha

Return to Cafe