AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

A place to chat with friends, old and new

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Postby debih » 11 Dec 2012, 14:19

The carols in the shop downstairs have got worse!

Last week they were driving me mad because I could hear them but not really make out what they were through the floor. They were just a sort of humming sound.

Yesterday some joker put a speaker up - right below my office window.

I arrived at work at 9am and they were already playing. LIttle Donkey. I am now listening to Little Donkey for about the millionth time. They only have one cd I think and it is just on a constant loop.

It is driving me INSANE. I am ready to hang out of the window and shoot the stupid speakers out.

The only consolation is that there is another speaker directly under my colleagues window so she is also having to suffer. Last week she found the fact that I was having to listen to muffled carols hilarious. Serves her right.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Re: AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Postby JoM » 11 Dec 2012, 14:35

Oh no! :shock:

I always remember the pained expressiosns on the faces of the staff in WH Smiths one day when I went in - they had a bagpiper busking outside their shop, and he'd already been there for several hours :|
JoM

Postby Aggers » 11 Dec 2012, 14:48

You have my sympathy, Debih.

Why not have a quiet (?) word with the manager down there. He might turn the volume down a bit.
Aggers

Postby debih » 11 Dec 2012, 14:52

Its because it's their Christmas themed stuff going on.

My office is base above one of the shops here -

http://www.arkwrightsociety.org.uk/cromford-mills

It is very touristy - it is a wonderful place to be located and very close to home but the yard is always full of visitors (although it is very quiet today - I think the carols have probably scared them all away now).
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
debih

Postby Ally » 11 Dec 2012, 14:56

JoM wrote:Oh no! :shock:

I always remember the pained expressiosns on the faces of the staff in WH Smiths one day when I went in - they had a bagpiper busking outside their shop, and he'd already been there for several hours :|

I feel sorry for lots of staff working on New Street Jo..busker bonkers round there! :evil:

Talking of WH Smiths..when I was in there last week the young lad at the till was absolutely freezing despite warm clothes..they have to have the door open all the time for the customers and he was right in the firing line of the wind.
Poor chap. :cry:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Workingman » 11 Dec 2012, 15:01

Arkwright!

I would g- g- go down and g-give them a per, a p, a p-piece of my m-mind.

Seriously, I would, and I would tell them that Environmental Health would be called if they did not turn the noise down - noise pollution. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Workingman

Postby JoM » 11 Dec 2012, 15:15

Workingman wrote:Arkwright!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ally, when we were there a couple of weeks ago there was a group of jazz musicians playing outside the bank on the corner (by the slope up to The Pallasades) and Joe mentioned that they were better than the usual ones who stand there :oops:
JoM

Postby Ally » 11 Dec 2012, 15:25

JoM wrote:
Workingman wrote:Arkwright!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ally, when we were there a couple of weeks ago there was a group of jazz musicians playing outside the bank on the corner (by the slope up to The Pallasades) and Joe mentioned that they were better than the usual ones who stand there :oops:

Lucky him! :D

I distinctly remember seeing someone thumping a banjo half to death whilst clanging cymbals strapped to his knees.

Not good..not good at all. :evil: :evil:
Ally
Site Admin

Postby Kaz » 11 Dec 2012, 17:35

Oh heck Debih :shock: :shock: I've done a fair few Christmasses in retail and have nightmarish memories of listening to the same old Christmas songs over and over again on a loop - it really does drive you nuts! :( :evil:

The good thing about Osprey (the handbag shop I last worked in) was that they played excellent Christmas music........jazz and such like, and I loved it :D
Kaz

Return to Cafe