Blackberry liquer

For all your recipes, food and drink ideas and discussions

Re: Blackberry liquer

Postby Diflower » 13 Oct 2013, 23:19

Workingman wrote:Blackcurrant's or bilberries make gorgeous wines - sort of port.

Excuse me Mr Pedant - but what the hell's that apostrophe doing? :shock: :o :evil: :lol:
Diflower

Postby Workingman » 13 Oct 2013, 23:23

It adds flavour. 8-) :-P ;)
Workingman

Postby Diflower » 13 Oct 2013, 23:25

Ah yes, and as for raisins...
One of the smuggling tricks was that aunty Dimp would label bottles of wine as cordial.
Which was fine, except she also used to make cordial, which was given to Mum for me and cousin. Raisin cordial it was, we loved it :)

The Christmas I got a dolls' tea set from Father Christmas coincided with the year I could read, so happily collected from the pantry the bottle labelled 'Raisin Cordial'.
No idea what it was, but L and I poured each other doll-cup drinks for quite a while, till our giggling from behind the sofa gave us away :lol:
'
Diflower

Postby Kaz » 15 Oct 2013, 08:44

:lol: :lol: Nice one Di :twisted: ;) :lol:

Oh those council house gardens were the business - ours was big too, plenty of room for dad to grow produce and he did every year :) Gooseberries, raspberries, strawbs, peas, potatoes, cabbage, etc etc etc I can still taste the earthiness of potatoes freshly lifted from the garden, and cooked with home grown mint 8-) 8-) 8-)
Kaz

Previous

Return to In The Kitchen