Its a miniature sort of day.

For all your recipes, food and drink ideas and discussions

Re: Its a miniature sort of day.

Postby Lozzles » 21 Dec 2013, 00:09

Diflower wrote:Re the sausage rolls, Bb and I tried one of Nigel's ideas the other week with some leftover pastry and are going to do them for Christmas - Palmier sausage rolls :D
So a block or sheet of puff pastry; sausagemeat all over, leaving edges. Brush long edge with egg, roll to middle, then roll the other side to meet. Brush with egg, slice into thin slices, lay on tray. Brush again and bake.
These froze well raw. We didn't actually make the palmier shape, just rolled it all up then sliced.
Really nice, basically the same as sausage rolls but more meat to pastry ratio and they looked good :)

I made some of these for my tango night on Tuesday. They went down a treat :)
Lozzles

Postby Diflower » 21 Dec 2013, 00:36

Oh I'm so pleased Loz, we both thought they just looked prettier than usual sausage rolls :)
Diflower

Postby Lozzles » 21 Dec 2013, 10:23

I served them with apple sauce too :)
Lozzles

Postby Diflower » 21 Dec 2013, 11:25

Ooh yes good idea :D
I'll be making some today or tomorrow, with chorizo added :D
Diflower

Postby Paddypix » 26 Dec 2013, 11:37

miasmum wrote:In the shed :D :D Sure you're not thinking of one of those things you use to plant your bulbs Paddy?
:lol: The things that have found their way into my shed! Mr PP doesn't throw anything away so he sneaks everything either into the spare room on the top floor or the shed. :twisted:

No it's not there! Where the dickens have I put it? I've searched the house and have come to the conclusion that I've chucked it out in one of my decluttering frenzies.
Paddypix

Previous

Return to In The Kitchen